Mom, Dad … are you ready to have 'the TALK'?
Cedar Hills offers parents a frank discussion on SEX ED
Very few of us can look back on “the talk” about sex that we had as kids with our parents, and say it was a positive experience. In fact, for a lot of us, that conversation never took place.
The reality is that as adults and parents ourselves now, we are in the same position our parents once were: With a responsibility to help our kids navigate sexual temptation, peer pressure and raging hormones as they grow.
For parents or adults looking for help with how to handle this responsibility, Cedar Hills Church is offering SEX ED, an afternoon discussion with local educators, pastors, and counselors about approaching your kids on the topic of SEX. This workshop-style event will be:
Sunday, November 4, 12:30-2 p.m. at Cedar Hills, 227 McGhee Road, Sandpoint. Lunch and childcare will be provided.
The event won't feature a panel of experts; rather it’s a group of people who regularly work with kids and have worthwhile experiences and tips to share. They’ll discuss such topics as:
· How do we bring up the conversation of sex with our kids?
· When is it too early to talk with them? When is it too late?
· How are pressures our kids face today different than what we faced as kids?
· How do we help our kids create healthy boundaries and make wise choices?
· Does God say anything about sex – and if so, what does he say?
You’ll get a chance to ask tough questions and hear honest, compelling answers. Hopefully you’ll see a bit of your story as a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or godparent in their story. Everyone is invited.